At the heart of KCI is our commitment to contributing to the communities in which we live and work. This includes financial contributions to the community-based programmes that make a difference in people’s lives. Our efforts are focused on programs that are dedicated to improving patient lives, specifically to those groups that provide holistic support to people who can benefit from our therapies, such as trauma victims and those with diabetes.
Our involvement in the community goes well beyond our corporate philosophy. It can be seen every day in the hearts and actions of our employees. Every employee at KCI is given 16 hours per year of paid time to participate in community or charitable projects. We have hundreds of employees who volunteer significantly more of their own time to worthwhile causes, like Communities in Schools, the American Heart Association, Habitat for Humanity, and more.
KCI Environmental Statement
At KCI, we take our responsibility seriously to preserve the world's natural resources and continually strive to incorporate measures in the development, manufacture and delivery of our therapies that reduce the overall environmental impact. As a world leader in our markets, we are committed to global environmental leadership to help ensure sustainable development and the improved health of our planet.
Our commitment to the environment includes:
- Managing our daily business operations in a manner that is regulation compliant, energy efficient and environmentally responsible
- Using renewable resources in the design and manufacture of our products and in our daily business practices whenever possible
- Implementing source reduction and waste minimisation best practices throughout our manufacturing process and waste disposal methods
- Educating our employees, healthcare professionals and the end-users of our products on proper waste disposal methods
- Working with our suppliers to purchase recycled products whenever possible and to assist our suppliers in developing environmentally friendly products and programmes